Artistic and Musical Director of the City of Alcala Orchestra
Originary from Zaragoza, he has degrees in the specialities of Chamber Music, Orchestra Conducting, and Piano from the Superior Conservatories of Madrid and Valencia, where he graduated with Honors. A scholarship from the Ministry of Culture of Spain allows him to further his education with a graduate degree in Orchestra Conducting in Italy.
As a pianist (awarded an Honorific Mention in the International Contest of Musical Youth in Lisbon) and chamber musician, he possesses a vast trajectory of more than 25 years that has allowed him to perform from Shanghai’s Concert Hall or the Yokohama Mirato Hall, to the George Enescu Room of Bucarest as a special guest by the UNESCO, Luxemburg’s Villa Louvigny Auditorium or San Francisco’s Emmanuel Hall, as well as in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Great Britain, Portugal, France, Italy, the Netherlands, South Korea, China, Japan, USA, Canada, and multiple African countries.
He has recently recorded the Op. 38, Enoch Arden, by Richard Strauss, completely in Spanish for the first time, and the Twelve Spanish Dances by Enrique Granados.
As a conductor, he has conducted several orchestras all across Europe, Asia, and America:
- Camerata Fiorentina, Italy.
- Sinfolario’s Orchestra (Lago of Como Festival)
- Calabria’s Philharmonic Orchestra, Italy.
- Timisoara’s Philharmonic Orchestra (Romania) on tour in France.
- Szeged Philharmonic Orchestra, Hungary.
- Lviv’s Academic Orchestra, Ukraine.
- Járkov’s Philharmonic Orchestra, Ukraine (with the cycle of the four Brahms Symphonies.) – 2014 / 2016 / 2018
- Annual Cycle of the Novomatic fórum in Vienna with the Sinfonietta Wien Orchestra in multiple occasions.
- Krasnoiarsk’s Philharmonic Orchestra, Russia.
- Bashket Symphonic Orchestra of Ankara, Turkey.
- Cairo’s Opera Philharmonic Orchestra (with the concert for piano by Ginmastera as the continent’s premiere in its centenary). He was invited to return in 2016-2017.
- Guatemala’s National Orchestra in many occasions with the Tchaikovsky’s Symphonies Cycle. La Vals, by Ravel, La Mer by Debussy, Petrushka by Stravinskyand other diverse works by Richard Strauss.
- Lima’s National Orchestra (Peru) for the 10th Contemporary Music Festival of South America.
- Piura and Cuzco’s Orchestra, Peru.
- Symphonic Orchestra of Mexico’s State in multiple occasions with Stravinski’s Firebird or the Spanish Rhapsody by Ravel.
- Great Symphony Grand Forks.
- Fort Worth Young Symphony Orchestra Dallas – Texas .
- The young orchestras from Peru in their 10th anniversary, El Salvador, and with the YOA (Young Orchestra of the Americas).
With a vast repertoire that goes from Baroque or Classicism to the Tchaikovsky symphonies, the complete cycle of Brahms, La Vals and Spanish Rhapsody by Ravel, La Mer by Debussy, Petrushka and Firebird by Stravinski, Don Juan by Richard Strauss… Symphonies by Shostacovich, Ginastera, and with the premieres of Spanish, Italian, Latin American composers, along with a great variety of works for soloists from singers to instrumentalists.
Numerary Member of Chamber Music of the Faculty of Music and Scenic Arts by public examination.
He has imparted a master class in the Tulane University (New Orleans), Clermont University (Los Angeles), and in the Central University of Beijing.
He also participates in a music outreach program in Cadena SER Henares and Onda Cero Alcalá.
He has spent 22 out of his 30 years of professional activity to create, consolidate, and elevate the musical project developed by the Foundation for the Orchestra of the City of Alcalá for the namesake city in its three different sections.
In his work with the Orchestra of the City of Alcalá two concerts stand out from the rest that took place in New York in 2004, and in Saint Petersburg in 2012 during the commemorative acts of the 150th anniversary of the Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory representing the country of Spain.